Dubai, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesGAC DUBAI
GAC DUBAI is looking for candidates for the role of Transport Manager to be based in Dubai. Could it be you?
We are looking for an experienced Transportation Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the transportation operations of a customer. The incumbent will oversee its transportation policies and programmes, including developing and implementing strategies to ensure efficient and cost-effective transportation operations, as well as staff management.
- Collaborate with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures, as well as set company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Manage subordinates to ensure effective completion of any work and delivered according to the company's standards.
- Manage relationships with transportation vendors, including contracts and rates negotiation.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure transportation needs are met, including coordinating with warehouse and distribution teams to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Comply with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Develop transportation performance metrics, maintain the reports and utilise the data to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all transportation-related documentation, such as bills of lading and delivery receipts, are accurate and complete.
- Hire and manage the transportation staff. Oversee staff training, development and performance management.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices related to transportation management.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Proven experience as a transportation manager or similar role
- Knowledge of transportation related safety and compliance regulations
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple shipments and routes.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Proficiency in transportation management software
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Flexibility to work extended hours or weekends as needed.
- Valid driver's license
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Dubai team, we look forward to receiving your application.