Trainee Ship Agent - Esbjerg
Denmark, Syddanmark, EsbjergGAC Denmark
Could you be our new Trainee in GAC’s Danish agency operation?
Due to increased demand for ship agency services and GAC’s commitment to develop tomorrow’s talents, we are looking to fill a full-time vacancy for a Ship Agent Trainee at our office in Esbjerg.
The position as trainee consists of hands-on training and enrollment at Rybners in Esbjerg over a 2-year period.
Read more about the education here: https://worldcareers.dk/uddannelser/skibsmaegler/
- Documentation and clearance of ships upon arrival and departure
- Communication with all involved parties during ships’ port calls
- Coordination of services
- Warehouse management and assistance to the logistics department
- Provide input to continual improvement to processes and procedures
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks such as invoicing for services provided
Other Job details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours; however, as we provide 24/7/365 service, there will be periods of higher work load as well as work during irregular times – especially during the busy summer season.
- We provide service to vessels during port calls at ports throughout Denmark. The position may include a significant amount of driving to ports in your region.
- This position provides a unique development opportunity to apply your competency and participate in further developing the high-quality service we provide. Increased responsibilities will be assigned with demonstrated competency.
- HHX, STX combined with EUS or EUX is required
- Excellent written and verbal Danish and English skills
- Driver’s license
- Maritime experience is an advantage
- Extremely helpful and service-oriented
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Structured and organised
- Problem-solving abilities and thrives under pressure
- Great cooperative skills
- Competitive terms
- Start date 01st of August 2022
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
- To be a part of a subsidiary company in growth
- To be a part of a globally recognised shipping and logistics company
- Internal ISO-certified training academy