Terminal Operations Supervisor - Ringaskiddy, Cork
Cork, Munster, IrelandGAC Ireland
GAC Ireland is looking for candidates for the role of Terminal Operations Supervisor to be based in Ringaskiddy, Cork. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 200 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
Due to expansion, GAC Shipping Ireland are currently recruiting for a Terminal Operations Supervisor in Ringaskiddy, Cork.
While marine and/or terminal experience would be preferred for the role, candidates with previous supervisory experience may be considered, as full training will be provided.
- Ensure all operations in the terminal are carried out safely, to include the operation and monitoring of equipment to unload vessels to bulk storage tanks, and subsequent loading out to road tankers.
- Supervise terminal employees including daily communications, problem solving and operations.
- Provide leadership/direction to all terminal employees in the areas of morale, continuous improvement, responsibility and staff development.
- Ensure all staff/contractors understand and follow site specific procedures.
- Follow regulatory requirements to ensure the terminal remains compliant regarding local safety standards/regulations.
- Ensure the terminal is maintained in compliance with Company standards.
- Coordinate with all terminal stakeholders to ensure operational tasks are carried out promptly and effectively, with the aim to provide excellent customer service and operational excellence.
- Continuously implement improvements in equipment, processes, procedures and safety that have a positive impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of the terminal.
- Review and help coordinate specific the terminal’s capital project needs.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of IT skills (Word/Excel etc.)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good level of mechanical aptitude
- Good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
- Marine and/or terminal related experience desirable
- Full clean driving licence
- Manual handling certificate (desired but not essential)
- First Aid certificate (desired but not essential)
We look forward to your application!