Site Operations Manager
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of Site Operations Manager to be based in the UK and multiple locations around the world. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 200 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
We are seeking for a Site Operations Manager for a fixed term contract until August 2023.
The key responsibilities are:
• Work closely with the operations team and key stakeholders in planning, delivering, operating, and maintaining event sites.
• Coordinate with the customer’s technical team in conjunction with all other technical teams on site for the purposes of the assembly and disassembly of the race village.
Key functions are:
• Mark out and survey all event sites based on final CAD plans
• Plan drop zone for container movements and coordinate all container and material activity on site including use of cranes and material handling equipment (MHE).
• Oversee health & safety on-site and ensure that best practices are adhered to. Record and report all health & safety incidents to the relevant persons
• Work closely and interact with all relevant parties in connection with the daily build schedule.
• Assist event stakeholders in ensuring their structures comply with local building codes and have all required certification
• Any other tasks as reasonably directed by line manager.
• Must be able to engage in a strong team spirit within the overall team
• Work effectively and in cooperation with different stakeholders and functional areas regarding their operational/logistical requirements on the event site.
• Work with a team consisting of contractors and locals/volunteers on different elements at the same time.
• Participate in and lead regular meetings on operational matters.
• Liaise and coordinate with the event organisers, asset suppliers, LOC’s and various stakeholders.
• Work effectively with consultants, suppliers and volunteers as required, in ways that ensure that they are cost-effective, motivated, accountable and informed.
The ideal candidate will have:
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong planning skills.
• A clear and efficient communicator.
• Be able to work in an international environment and travel extensively.
• Manage high-level project planning and activation.
• Strong budget management skills
• Confident working within a complex international organization where responsibilities and deliverables are constantly changing.
• At least 5 years experience of working with site management or logistics industry preferred.
• Experience managing large teams
• Strong levels of diplomacy
• High level of written and spoken English is essential and other languages an advantage
• Ability to read and interpret CAD files
• Have a broad knowledge of technical infrastructure management
• Understanding of international health & safety operating standards and procedures
• Have a good practical skill set when dealing with construction, power, power generation and related infrastructure facilitation & maintenance.
• Fully certified to operate necessary MHE. Assistance in obtaining certificates will be possible.
• Any civil engineering background would be an advantage
• Knowledge to freight forwarding would be an advantage
You will have the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days annual leave per year, plus a day off for your birthday
· Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
· Retail discounts scheme
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” Watch our short video to find out more.
We are also committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental health for all. Alongside our internal mental health and well-being initiatives, we also support SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) and Mind, working with adults and children across the UK to provide mental health social care, information and advice to people with mental health problems.