Ships Agent - Teesside
Teesside, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of Ships Agent to be based in Teesside. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
We are looking for a Ships Agent to join our team in Teesside.
The key responsibilities are:
- Booking vessels in and out of port with all relevant stakeholders
- Capturing accurate costs incurred during port calls
- Visiting vessels and handling any local requirements
- Maintaining good relations with customers and stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Produce and maintain accurate documents
- Have a good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, including excel
- Hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car
Marine experience is preferred but not essential as all training will be provided.
Upon completion of training, the successful candidate will join the duty rota which consists of evening and weekend work as we are available 24/7 for our customers.
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days’ annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus a day off on your birthday
- Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.”
We are committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental and physical health for all. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives. In January 2023, we signed a partnership with MacMillan Cancer Support as our official Charity of the Year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be doing whatever it takes to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.