Ships Agent - Grangemouth
Grangemouth, Scotland, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of Ships Agent to be based in Grangemouth. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
We are currently recruiting for a Ships Agent to be based at our Grangemouth office.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Booking vessels in and out of port with all relevant stakeholders
- Capturing accurate costs incurred during port calls
- Visiting vessels and handling any local requirements
- Maintaining good relations with customers and stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Produce and maintain accurate documents
- Confident dealing with new and existing clients, both in person and on the phone
- Have a good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, including excel
- Hold a full driving license and access to a car
Marine experienced is desired but not essential as all training will be provided.
Upon completion of training, you will join the duty rota which consists of evening and weekend work as we are available 24/7 for our customers.
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days’ annual leave per year, plus a day off on your birthday
· Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
· Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our by mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be working to help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.