Ship Agent / Schifffahrtskaufmann (m/w/d)
Germany, Schleswig-Holstein, BrunsbüttelGAC Germany
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment where no two days are alike?
Can you maintain an overview while coordinating several port calls?
Are you a flexible, solution-oriented and service-minded individual with a critical approach towards operational set-ups and solutions?
If you answered yes to all three questions, you could be GAC Germany’s new Ship Agent – a future-proof position with international opportunities in one of the world’s largest ship agencies.
Due to increased activity, we are looking for a Ship Agent to fill a permanent position in Brunsbüttel. The Ship Agent will cooperate with the Port Agency team and report to the Operations Manager.
- Handle documentation and clearance of ships upon arrival and departure
- Communicate with all involved parties during ships’ port calls
- Coordinate services
- Provide input to improve processes and procedures
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks such as invoicing for services provided
Other Job Details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours. However, as we provide 24/7/365 service, there will be periods with higher workload as well as work during irregular hours.
- We provide service to vessels during port calls at ports throughout Germany. This position may include a significant amount of driving to ports in your region.
- This position provides a unique development opportunity for you to apply your expertise and experience and participate in further development of the high-quality service we provide. Increased responsibilities will be assigned with demonstrated competence.
- Recent experience from the ship agency sector in Brunsbüttel, Germany
- Excellent German and English communications skills (written and verbal)
- Driver’s licence
- Excellent IT skills and data discipline
Skills and Competencies
- Extremely helpful and service-oriented
- Highly motivated and takes the initiative
- Structured and organised
- Problem-solving abilities and thrives under pressure
- Great cooperative skills
- Competitive terms
- for personal and professional development
- To be a part of a growing company under the global GAC group
- Internal ISO certified training