Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, São João da Barra – RJGAC Brazil
We are currently recruiting for a Ship Agent to be based at our Açu (Sao Joao da Barra) office.
The Key Responsibilities Are
- Booking vessels in and out of port with all relevant stakeholders
- Capturing accurate costs incurred during port calls
- Visiting vessels and handling any local requirements
- Maintaining good relations with customers and stakeholders
- Resolve issues with Government officials in a timely and courteous manner.
- Coordinate husbandry services for vessel, including but not limited to crew changes, technicians and ship visitors, spares, provisions, Cash to Master, bunkers, fresh water and the off-load of garbage.
- Board vessels as/when business needs dictate.
- Manage the booking of port services and the pre-arrival documentation process between vessel, port/terminal and government authorities
- Prepare cargo and customs documentation as required
Marine experience is desired but not essential as all training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills, be able to multitask and prioritize, be able to produce and maintain accurate documents, have a good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture, and have experience using Microsoft Office products. A full driving license and car is also required.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow demonstrating versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Minimum two (2) years proven experience in an operations position.
- Excellent communication skills and able to establish solid rapport with customers and internal customers.
- Ability to function both independently and as part of team
- Upon completion of training, you will join the duty rotation which consists of evening and weekend work as we are available 24/7 for our customers.
- Strong communicator both written and verbal