Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de JaneiroGAC Brazil
We're recruiting for a ship agent to be based in our office in Rio de Janeiro.
As main responsibilities are
- Book ships in and out of port with all relevant stakeholders
- Capturing precise costs incurred during port calls
- Visiting vessels and handling any local requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Solve problems with government officials in a timely and courteous manner.
- Coordinate livestock services for vessels, including, but not limited to, ship changes, crews and ship visitors, spare parts, provisions, master money, bunkers, fresh water and garbage unloading.
- On-board vessels as/when business needs dictate.
- Manage port service reservation and pre-arrival documentation process between vessels, ports/terminals and government authorities
- Prepare a cargo and customs documentation as needed
The marine experience is desired, but not essential, as all training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills, being able to multitask and prioritize, be able to produce and accurate documents, have a good understanding and appreciation of a proactive security culture and have experience using microsoft office products. A full driver's license and car is also required.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow demonstrating your apla, flexibility and an inside disposition working from constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Minimum of three (3) years of proven experience in an operations position.
- Excellent communication skills and able to establish a solid relationship with customers and internal customers.
- Ability to function both independently and as part of the team
- Upon completion of the training, you join the on-call rotation consisting of night and weekend work, as we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for our customers.
- Strong written and verbal communicator