Senior Software Engineer
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHQ
GAC is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer - Front End, with working experience of React, Angular and basic working knowledge of Rest APIs and relational & non-relational databases. The candidate should be efficient in development, solution designing, troubleshooting, mentoring and adhering to industry best practices. The ideal candidate must have minimum 5 years of front end software development experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux).
- Good CSS skills.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Expert level practical knowledge on OOP, Design Patterns.
- Ability to work in partnership with project and other stakeholders, to drive successful solutions.
- Experience on git repos and git flow branching model.
- Experience in working with Agile environments and knowledgeable of Agile processes & principles.
- Hands-on experience on Azure DevOps will be considered a plus.
- Willig and able to effectively mentor junior team members and conduct code reviews, pair programming & conducting knowledge sharing sessions.
- Working experience of RDBMS and No-SQL databases.
- Ability to identify improvements to existing frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across varying levels of personnel.
- Cultural awareness within a multi-cultural corporate environment.
- Design and Development: Translate user stories and mock-ups into functional and appealing web applications by using React.js and related technologies. Proactively communicate and escalate issues that might impact quality.
- Requirements Shaping: Collaborate with business analysts to refine software requirements.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the back-end development team to ensure seamless integration and efficient execution of overall project goals.
- Code Quality: Implement and promote good coding practices such as code review, testing, and continuous integration to ensure the delivery of high-quality code.
- UI/UX Advocacy: Guide the team in understanding and implementing effective UI and UX principles in all aspects of front-end development to create intuitive and engaging user experiences.
- Performance Optimisation: Monitor and improve front-end performance, ensuring the highest level of responsiveness and efficiency.
- Mentorship: Share knowledge of React and front-end development best practices with the team to foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Innovation: Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies, and implement any beneficial practices to drive the company's technical growth and innovation.