Senior Software Developer
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesOpreations
Senior Software Developer
GAC Group IT is looking for candidates for the role of Senior Software Developer, to be based in Dubai. Could it be you?
The GAC Group is a privately-owned company, specialising in providing high-quality shipping, logistics and marine services to customers worldwide. Emphasising a long-term approach, innovation, ethics and a strong human touch, GAC delivers a flexible and value-adding portfolio to help you achieve your strategic goals.
Read more about the company at www.gac.com
At GAC, we rely on our IT systems to provide the best solutions that help our users around the world. We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join us on this journey, using their knowledge of software development to make us more efficient.
The job role is part of the Project Management Office team. The primary goal of the role is to interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition, and warranty.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Objectives of this Role
- Design, development and implementation of applications including Web and Client/Server Application development using MS .NET Framework, C#.NET, ASP.NET, WCF and WPF, MVC, ASP.Net Core.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and extensive scripting experience in coding Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers using MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform will be considered an added advantage.
- Experience in Finance Domain will be considered an added advantage.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in: Software design/development, application architecture, software integration
- Proficiency in .NET platforms and related technologies (C#, WPF, WCF/Web Services, MVVM)
- Proficiency in MS SQL
- Experience in Cloud environment, preferably Azure.
- Experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Ability to work in team in diverse/multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience in Agile Software Development
- Experience in unit testing is essential.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Group IT team, we look forward to receiving your application.