QHSSE Advisor - Marine and Terminal Services - UK and Ireland
Various Locations, Leinster, IrelandGAC UK
GAC UK & IE employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
We are currently recruiting for a QHSSE Advisor to join our QHSSE team. We can be flexible with office location, however travel between our offices across the Ireland and the UK will be required.
Reporting to the Head of QHSSE, the position is to support the Marine & Terminal Services (MATS) department in all aspects of QHSSE. The support will involve working very closely with all MATS locations and other internal company divisions including HR, IT and Finance. The role will require someone who is flexible, conscientious, professional, has high integrity and great attention to detail, as they will be involved in all aspects of QHSSE for our MATS product, which can include handling sensitive information and revising company documentation.
The key responsibilities are:
- Planning and conducting internal audits at all MATS locations across Ireland and the UK against all aspects of our management systems
- Conduct and review all Risk Assessments relating to MATS operations
- Supporting the MATS operations to raise QHSSE issues and handle the investigations, providing support with planning and executing corrective actions.
- Providing QHSSE support to all areas of the MATS business and operations
- Monitoring the departmental email boxes for IE & UK and responding to all emails in a timely manner
- Creation and management of MATS specific QHSSE documentation supported by the Head of QHSSE.
- Training support and management of MATS training requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- NEBOSH NGC/IGC or equivalent qualification
- Experience in a similar role within ports, marine, terminals, construction or a similar industry
- strong communication and organisational skills
- be able to multitask and prioritise
- ability to work under pressure and meet regular deadlines with limited supervision.
- be able to produce and maintain accurate documents
- be able to grow and support a positive safety culture.
- have experience using Microsoft Office products.
A full driving license and car are also required for this role.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our by mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK & IE, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be working to help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.