Health & Safety Advisor - Marine and Terminal Services
London, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK and Ireland employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
GAC UK and Ireland are currently recruiting for a QHSSE (Quality, Health, Safety, Security, Environment) Advisor to join our QHSSE team. We can be flexible with office location, however travel between our offices will be required.
This role can be based in either the UK or Ireland.
The key responsibilities are:
- Planning and conducting internal audits (low risk), both physical and remote, of all aspects of QHSSE and our management systems
- Planning and conducting audits on key suppliers within the agreed audit schedule, preparing audit reports and liaising with the suppliers to undertake any action planning
- Supporting operations to raise QHSSE issues and handle the investigations
- Providing QHSSE support to all areas of the business and operations
- Monitoring the qhsse.uk & qhsse.ie email box and responding to all emails in a timely manner
- Active involvement with the management of Suppliers using the GAC Supplier Vetting System and undertaking Company Administrator tasks
- Monitoring GACqhsse to ensure that all HSSE, Quality or Audit actions are completed within the allocated investigation/action times. Chasing responses as required
- Recording and maintaining the HSSE statistics for customers, GAC UK, and GAC Group
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong communication and organisational skills
- be able to multitask and prioritise
- ability to work under pressure and meet regular deadlines with limited supervision.
- be able to produce and maintain accurate documents
- have a good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
- have experience using Microsoft Office products.
A full driving license and car are also required for this role.
Ability to pass 5-year background check and DBS check
Experience in a similar role or working within a fast-paced environment, preferably within a QHSSE or Support function type department.
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.”
We are committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental and physical health for all. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives. In January 2023, we signed a partnership with MacMillan Cancer Support as our official Charity of the Year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be doing whatever it takes to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK and Ireland team, we look forward to receiving your application.