Planning and Inventory Manager
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesGAC DUBAI
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete changes in Contract Logistics /Warehouse.
- Ensure SOPs for systems are in place.
- Support systems & 3rd parties on projects
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review stock management planning requests to achieve with schedules as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the planning teams will be evaluated at its completion.
- Ensure adequate and proper staffing of the areas.
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Manage staff and/or volunteers according to established policies and practices of the organisation.
- Ensure all inventory personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organisation and support customer KPIs.
- Work within the overall structure to drive improvement.
Ensure departments are working per site strategy
- Ensure the departments are planning according to the site plan and develop forms/records to document activities.
- Set up files to ensure that all information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the site space and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the peak periods.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organisation on stock holding and racking fill.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the customer on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the standards set out in the contract.
Put adequate control measures in place for the planning - inventory and Projects.
- Write reports on for management and communicate as outlined in the objectives.
- Monitor and approve budgeted expenditures.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
- Manage all project according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure updates of all financial records for the project.
- Prepare supporting documentation for senior management in daily and weekly reports.
Conduct project evaluation on a set basis
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of BAU.
Qualifications: University Degree or Professional Qualification in a related subject
Professional / Legal Skills: UAE Driver’s License or International Driver’s License
Computer Knowledge: Word processing; MS Project (equivalent);Simple accounting;Data base management;Spreadsheets; E-mail; Internet
Communication Skills: Fluent in English both written and verbal. Good presentation skills
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a large-scale 3PL operations in a management level
5 to 8 years planning and/or management experience
Other Skills & Elements: Knowledge of project management