Petroleum Cargo Surveyor - Marine and Terminal Services - Dublin
Dublin, Leinster, IrelandGAC Ireland
GAC UK and Ireland employs over 300 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
Due to expansion, GAC Shipping Ireland are currently recruiting for Petroleum Cargo Surveyor in Dublin Port.
A Petroleum Cargo Surveyor will provide our Marine & Terminal Services (MATS) clients with first class service in the provision of Surveying functions. The aim is to ensure the smooth service to the vessels & terminals we serve in order that we do not delay the vessel. The Petroleum Cargo Surveyor is responsible for reconciling cargo on board vessel’s and calculating outturns upon completion of discharge operations. The surveyor provides an essential link between client representatives, the terminal facility and the MATS team to ensure required information and any issues are clearly communicated between stakeholders. The aim is 100% customer satisfaction therefore the role of Petroleum Cargo Surveyor is vital to retaining clients and directly linked to income.
A brief summary of the role and the requirements are as follows:
• Manual gauging and sampling of shore tanks
• Sampling vessels before discharge
• Conducting analysis of samples
• Gauging vessel’s tanks before and after discharge
• Calculating outturns for clients
• TIC Council Petroleum Inspector Certification (formerly IFIA) preferred or willingness to obtain
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of MATS related work
• Experience working in the oil and gas industry desirable
• Good computing skills, MS Office
• Full driving licence, good communication and organising skills
• Physically demanding role which will require a good level of fitness
• Comfortable with working at heights and working over the water
• Applicants must have right to work in Ireland to be considered for this role
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Ireland team, we look forward to receiving your application.