Operations Supervisor - South West England
Bristol, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
We are currently looking for a Marine & Terminal Operations Supervisor to cover South West England.
The Marine & Terminal Operations Supervisor will provide our Marine & Terminal Services (MATS) clients with first class service in the provision of Jetty & Terminal Operators, Surveying and Shipping Supervision functions. The aim is to ensure the smooth service to the vessels & terminals we serve in order that we do not delay a vessel.
Additionally, the Supervisor forms a key part of the company providing an essential link between the vessel, terminal facility and the MATS team to ensure required information, arrangements, requests and any issues are clearly communicated between the stakeholders. The aim is 100% customer satisfaction therefore this role is vital to retaining clients and directly linked to income.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure adequate staffing is in place to cover all jetty, terminal, survey and shipping supervisor requirements
- To ensure employees are provided with the necessary equipment to conduct tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- To liaise with all stakeholders to reduce any delays to customers
- To keep customers advised on prospects for their vessels
- To ensure a high level of staff utilisation is achieved
- To track and monitor agreed contractual KPI’s with our customers
- To assist in the production of procedures and risk assessments which should be reviewed regularly and in line with company policy
- To perform audits and competency checks on staff to ensure compliance by the team as directed by the Ops Manager
- To store and maintain all training, QHSSE and procedural documents
- To lead by example and set the standards required by colleagues
- To take an active part in customer review meetings and ensure any KPI targets are met
The ideal candidate will have:
- IOSH Managing Safely Desirable however training will be provided
- Bachelor Degree qualified preferred or suitable marine qualifications (STCW, OOW, IFIA etc)
- Shipping or Logistics background desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in the Oil and gas industry desirable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in people management role
- Strong people management skills
- Good computing skills including MS Office
- Full driving license, good communication and organizing skills
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days’ annual leave per year, plus a day off on your birthday
· Access to Vitality Private Medical Insurance
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
· Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our by mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be working to help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you are interested, please email a copy of your CV and your availability.