Operations Supervisor (Marine and Terminal Services) - Bristol
Bristol, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of Marine and Terminal Services Operations Supervisor to be based in Bristol. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
Due to expansion, GAC UK are currently recruiting for an Operations Supervisor in Bristol. This role will include an element of travel between Avonmouth and other terminals in Cardiff, Plymouth and Grays.
While marine and/or terminal experience would be preferred for the role, candidates with previous supervisory experience may be considered, as full training will be provided.
The key responsibilities are:
- Being a point of contact with customers and ensuring KPI targets are met.
- Ensuring all requirements of the port license are met as a minimum
- Ensure both port & terminal health and safety rules are followed at all times including any client specific procedures for reporting any QHSSE matters
- Ensuring adequate staffing is in place to cover all of MATS clients work and in line with contractual requirements
- Complete all Jetty / Terminal work associated with the Valero Energy contract or as required by the company
- Take an active part in MATS business development in the local area with the aim of increasing customer base
- Promote a positive safety culture and high levels of staff engagement and communication
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of IT skills (Word/Excel etc.)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good level of mechanical aptitude
- Good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
- Marine and/or terminal related experience desirable
- Full clean driving licence
- Manual handling certificate (desired but not essential)
- First Aid certificate (desired but not essential)
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, - capable of delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.