Operations Executive, Hub
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeHub
Principle Job Duties & Responsibilities
GAC Singapore is one of the Hub Agency Centre for the GAC Group that provides comprehensive hub agency services to ships throughout the Asia Pacific region. The successful candidate will co-ordinate and attend to our principal’s port agency requirements in the Asia Pacific Region.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordination and monitoring of port calls
- Responsible for handling all operational duties related to hub Principals – including data entry into software system
- Acknowledgement of appointments/agency nominations from Principals
- Creation of jobs in software system and follow-up for acknowledgement from the port agent.
- Monitoring all operational correspondence and ensuring electronic vessel file is complete with all information, as per checklist.
- Port cost proforma verification and ensuring accuracy before approval.
- Identification and negotiation of cost savings for Principals.
- Monitoring of vessels’ port calls.
- Preparation of reports, as required.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- Diploma in Maritime / Shipping is preferred.
- Proficient in English (written and spoken).
- Relevant working experience in shipping and maritime. Candidates with experience in maritime/shipping industries or related job function (eg, commercial, operations) are encouraged to apply.
- Fresh graduates in maritime studies are welcome to apply.