Operations Co-Ordinator - Teesside
Teesside, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for an Operations Co-Ordinator to join our customs team. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Completion of customs declarations (Import & Export)
- Communication with all relevant parties on customs issues; Importers, Exporters & HMRC
- Customs compliance – Ensuring all work is carried out precisely & accurately and to company standards
What You’ll Need:
- Experience working within a customs and / or freight forwarding environment
- Experience in customs clearance and associated systems; ASM Sequoia, CHIEF, Destin8
- A working knowledge of customs legislation and the customs tariff
- Accuracy and attention to detail
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days’ annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus a day off on your birthday
- Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, - capable of delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.