Operations Coordinator - Sea Freight
United Kingdom, England, FelixstoweGAC UK
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
We are currently looking for an Seafreight Operations Coordinator to be based at our Felixstowe office.
The key responsibilities are:-
- To arrange and coordinate the movement of goods in line with company policy and customer requirements within agreed time frames
- To ensure all documentation is completed in line with regulatory and company quality procedures
- To ensure invoices are raised accurately and within agreed team KPI's
- To provide accurate quotations within agreed KPI's
- To assist with activities as required within the Freight Services team
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have experience working for a Freight Forwarder or within Logistics
- Have experience in Sea Freight operations
- Be enthusiastic and keen to learn new things with a desire to continually improve
- Be able to work independently and as part of wider teams
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Have experience in customs clearance, ASM Sequoia / CHIEF / CDS
- Have strong communication and organisational skills
- Have strong attention to detail
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days’ annual leave per year, plus a day off on your birthday
· Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
· Retail discounts scheme
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.”
We are committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental and physical health for all. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives. In January 2023, we signed a partnership with MacMillan Cancer Support as our official Charity of the Year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be doing whatever it takes to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can.