Operations Coordinator - Airfreight
Slough, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
We are currently looking for an Airfreight Operations Coordinator to be based at our London Heathrow office.
The key responsibilities are:-
- To arrange and coordinate the movement of goods in line with company policy and customer requirements within agreed time frames
- To ensure all documentation is completed in line with regulatory and company quality procedures
- To ensure invoices are raised accurately and within agreed team KPI's
- To provide accurate quotations within agreed KPI's
- To assist with activities as required within the Freight Services team
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have experience working for a Freight Forwarder or within Logistics
- Have experience in Air Freight operations
- Be enthusiastic and keen to learn new things with a desire to continually improve
- Be able to work independently and as part of wider teams
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Have experience in customs clearance, ASM Sequoia / CHIEF / CDS
- Have strong communication and organisational skills
- Have strong attention to detail
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days’ annual leave per year, plus a day off on your birthday
· Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
· Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, - capable of delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.