Operations Coordinator - Airfreight
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
GAC Abu Dhabi is seeking candidates for the position of Operations Coordinator - Airfreight at our GT Office in Abu Dhabi.
- Handle air import and C&F daily activities, including documentation.
- Issue delivery orders and collect payments from consignees.
- Receive consignee instructions and arrange delivery of shipments.
- Invoice cash clients and code customs debit notes.
- Coordinate with transporting team & airfreight customs clearance officers for smooth clearance and delivery of shipments.
- Operational skills – in the step-by-step processes of the operation and knowledge of the fundamentals of the business.
- Customer service - understand customers’ needs, maintain good relationships, be able to support and solve customer issues and handle customer complaints.
- Positive attitude - towards work and the environment in general, to deliver the requested service.
- Communication skills – to interact effectively, within and outside GAC.
- Accountability & dependability - take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with minimal oversight.
- Teamwork and collaboration – to work cooperatively with colleagues to complete tasks and involve others by liaising and building trust.
- Customer focus - work with internal and external customers to identify their expectations and shared business objectives.
- Self-management – promptly complete high volume of work without sacrificing accuracy.
- Stress tolerance - maintain composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
Minimum Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ extensive experience in the same or similar role.
- Valid UAE driving license will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Abu Dhabi airfreight customs, airport procedures and tariffs.
- Good communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Graduate of Logistics or any business-related course.
- In-depth knowledge in different usage of systems and software.
- Good work ethic to comply with policies and procedures of the company.