MARINE REPRESENTATIVE / SHIP AGENT
Namibia, Erongo, Walvis Bay
GAC Shipping Namibia, part of the global GAC Group, is looking for an experienced and hardworking individual to fill the following position in our Walvis Bay and Luderitz offices.
- Booking vessels in and out of port with all relevant stakeholders
- Visiting vessels in port and handling all operational and local requirements
- Capturing accurate costs incurred during port calls.
- Maintaining good relations with customers and stakeholders
- Must be Namibian citizens with own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Have at least 5 – 10 years proven ship agency and port operations experience
- Customer-oriented and attention to detail.
- Have business development skills to be able to meet with clients and grow the business.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Fully computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 365).
- Finance / Accounting literate.
- Able to work under pressure, work overtime when required and willing to accept responsibility.
- Team player with ability to operate and make decisions independently.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Wednesday, 28th September 2022
Note: If you applied for this vacancy and you have not heard from us within one week after applying, please consider that you have not been shortlisted for the role.