Bergen, Vestland, NorwayGAC Norway
About the Position
Due to continued increased activity and healthy business growth, GAC Norway is looking to fill a permanent, 100% Logistics Coordinator position at our offices in Bergen. Our Logistics Coordinators are responsible for coordinating the logistics of ship spares associated with port calls along the entire Norwegian coastline.
We are able to consider motivated candidates with little experience to fill a junior level position as well as those with relevant experience and/or education. This opportunity is thus available for anyone interested in the industry but with no formal experience as well as those with years of experience looking for new challenges in a company that values your skills, expertise, and experience.
If hired at an entry level role, you will learn the many aspects of the position while working side-by-side with a local experienced mentor, supporting operations from Day 1. These positions are open to anyone who is sensitive to internal and external customer needs, and excited by the idea of applying their passion in a diverse, inclusive, and international environment. Training will be provided, and the goal is to develop into a fully independent, operational position.
If you have relevant experience, you will receive initial training in our systems and routines and have access to a network of internal experts in all relevant areas. Once you are ready, you will work alongside your colleagues in your team and in cooperation with our other departments throughout Norway and the GAC world. Within the first few months, we will work with you to identify your strengths and motivations and adapt your role accordingly.
Though preferable, this position may not require physical presence. We are open to considering home office solutions to candidates that are unable to come to the office due to distance, personal reasons, family situation, or other. We also have offices throughout Norway, so candidates that would like to work in the office can do so from offices at locations other than Bergen.
After training, you will support operations and company strategy while performing the following tasks:
- Accurately registering logistics assignments in our data systems
- Booking and arranging transport and onboard deliveries to vessels in port as well as reverse logistics from vessels to final consignee
- Following-up on assignments from A to Z
- Communicating and cooperating with internal teams, clients, agents, and suppliers to provide excellent service
- Invoicing of assignments
- Following-up daily tasks and service requests to meet clients’ needs and deadlines
- Cooperating with warehouse staff to ensure clients’ stock is updated, in order, and prepared for scheduled forwarding
- Other practical, administrative, and logistics related tasks as you develop in the role
Other Job details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours; however, we provide 24/7/365 service and there will be periods of higher workload as well as work during irregular times.
- This position provides a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of colleagues in the maritime industry in a company that values what each unique individual brings to the table.
- Upon hire, you will cooperate with your leader and others to create a training plan aimed to help you reach your potential. Responsibilities will be increased with proven competence.
- Candidates with relevant and non-relevant experience who want to learn a new skill are welcome to apply to entry level positions.
- Genuine interest in applying yourself and further developing your skills and expertise
- Relevant experience and/or education will be considered an advantage
- Proficient written and verbal English skills
- Ability to understand Norwegian in a workplace setting is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Valid driver’s license kl B is required
- Comfortable using data as a work tool
- Exhibits motivation and takes initiative to achieve results
- Uses structure and organisational skills for greater efficiency
- Problem solving approach to new challenges
- Passion for providing great service to customers and helping colleagues do the same
- Proficient communication skills
- An open, inclusive, trust-based, and flexible workplace culture
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- To be a part of a globally recognised shipping and logistics company
- Equitable salary with automatic increases upon proven competency development
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance - including health insurance