Loading Master - Marine and Terminal Services - Dublin
Dublin, Leinster, IrelandGAC Ireland
GAC UK and Ireland employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
Due to expansion, GAC Shipping Ireland are currently recruiting for a Loading Master in Dublin Port.
The Loading Master will be the front line leader in cargo transfers and intra-terminal cargo transfers. The aim is to ensure the smooth service to the vessels & terminals we serve to ensure we do not delay a vessel.
The key responsibilities are:-
- To ensure all staff are supervised prior during and after discharge operations.
- Completion of ship-to-shore documentation and sequence of discharge procedures, ensuring theseare agreed prior to discharge.
- Ensure product is tested and on spec prior to commencement of discharge operations.
- Ensure product is discharged safely to the correct tank with lines checked accordingly. Select and designate shore tanks to receive relevant products on board ship as directed by Terminal personnel.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of MATS related work
- Good communication and organizing skills
- Ability to work at heights and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry, and manoeuvre heavy or bulky items, and to bend or stoop to lift and transport items
- Competent on all Microsoft platforms including Office and Excel
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience various products and cargo hose handling (desired)
- Full driving license
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Ireland team, we look forward to receiving your application.