Learning and Development Coordinator
RemoteGrangemouth, Scotland, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for a Learning and Development Coordinator to join our growing team. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
This exciting new role as Learning and Development Coordinator will sit within our HR team, reporting directly to the HR Manager and will play a vital part in shaping and delivering on our L&D strategy.
We are flexible on the location of this position however you will be required to travel regularly to our head office in Grangemouth and to our sites across the UK and Ireland.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Work with the HR Manager to develop and deliver a learning and development strategy in line with the company objectives
- Act as a ‘business partner’ to business units for learning and development, providing advice and support
- Work with the wider business units and key stakeholders to conduct training needs analysis and identify competency gaps
- Designing and delivering leadership development programmes
- Facilitating face to face and virtual workshops
- Work with the HR team to deliver an exceptional employee experience
What You’ll Need:
- Proven experience working within an L&D role
- In depth understanding and experience of management and leadership development programmes
- Confident in presenting and communicating to various stakeholders across the business
- Demonstrable experience in the development and successful execution of L&D strategies, programmes, and initiatives
- Ability to build strong, collaborative business relationships to influence change
- Strong knowledge of current L&D best practice and initiatives
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision whilst meeting deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with experience in project management
- Proficient in all Office365 products as well as LMS
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days’ annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus a day off on your birthday
- Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, - capable of delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.