Jetty Operator - Grays (Thames / London)
United Kingdom, England, Grays, EssexMATS
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of casual Jetty to be based in Grays, Essex. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 200 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” Watch our short video to find out more.
We are also committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental health for all. Alongside our internal mental health and well-being initiatives, we also support SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) and Mind, working with adults and children across the UK to provide mental health social care, information and advice to people with mental health problems.
Due to expansion, GAC is currently recruiting for casual Jetty Operators in Grays, Essex.
A brief summary of the role and requirements are as follows :-
- Correct reading of ships moorings plans to ensure vessels are moored correctly and in alignment with the shore loading arms
- Checking Ships gangways have been rigged properly to allow safe access
- Connection and Disconnection of loading arms / hoses & spool pieces
- Communicate with the shift controller the grade being discharged & via which arm / valves
- Carrying out line displacements / stripping operations / Pigging Operations as required by vessel / terminal
- Continuous communication required between employee, the vessel and Terminal personnel
- Any other general duties as required by Terminal or Company
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong communication skills
• Good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
• Marine or Terminal experience desired but not necessary as all full training will be provided
• Full clean driving licence
• Manual handling certificate (desired but not essential)
• First Aid certificate (desired but not essential)
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.