Jetty Operator - Grays Essex
United Kingdom, , Grays
GAC UK employs over 200 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
We are currently recruiting for Casual Jetty Operators in Grays, Essex.
Equivalent experience would be preferred but is not essential as full training will be provided.
A brief summary of the role and requirements are as follows :-
- Ensure and maintain high levels of quality, safety, security, health, and environmental protection by following company and client policies, procedures, and risk assessments at all times. Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, defects, or any other safety-related issues.
- Correct reading of ships moorings plans to ensure vessels are moored correctly and in alignment with the shore loading arm
- Checking Ships gangways have been rigged properly to allow safe access
- Connection and Disconnection of loading arms / hoses & spool pieces
- Communicate with the shift controller the grade being discharged & via which arm / valves
- Carrying out line displacements / stripping operations / Pigging Operations as required by vessel / terminal
- Continuous communication required between employee, the vessel and Terminal personnel
- Any other general duties as required by Terminal or Company
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong communication skills
• Good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
• Marine or Terminal experience desired but not necessary as all full training will be provided
• Full clean driving licence
• Manual handling certificate (desired but not essential)
• First Aid certificate (desired but not essential)
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.