Jetty Operator - Marine and Terminal Services - Dublin
Dublin, Leinster, IrelandGAC Ireland
GAC UK and Ireland employs over 300 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
Due to expansion, GAC Ireland are currently recruiting for Jetty Operators in Dublin Port.
Equivalent experience would be preferred but is not essential as full training will be provided.
A brief summary of the role and requirements are as follows :-
- Ensuring vessels are moored correctly and in alignment with shore loading arms and connections
- Ensuring vessels provide safe access via correctly rigged gangways, which must be monitored and maintained throughout discharge operations
- Connection and disconnection of ‘off-loading equipment’ (hoses/loading arms/spool pieces etc.)
- Monitoring and adjusting connections as required
- Ensuring valves are opened/closed for the safer and efficient discharge of client products
- Taking ship samples as required
- Performing line walks and repetitive checks during discharge operations
- Completion of documentation as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• A good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
• Strong communication skills
• A positive attitude and a willingness to learn
• Marine or Terminal experience desired but not necessary as all full training will be provided
• Full clean driving licence
• Manual handling certificate (desired but not essential)
• First Aid certificate (desired but not essential)
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Ireland team, we look forward to receiving your application.