Jetty Operator - Belfast (Casual)
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of Jetty Operator to be based in Belfast Port, Ireland. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
Due to expansion, GAC UK are currently recruiting for Jetty Operators in Belfast Port. Given the casual nature of the role, it would suit someone who is looking for the odd shift.
Equivalent experience would be preferred but is not essential as full training will be provided.
A brief summary of the role and requirements are as follows:
• Ensuring vessels are moored correctly and in alignment with shore loading arms and connections
• Ensuring vessels provide safe access via correctly rigged gangways, which must be monitored and maintained throughout discharge operations
• Connection and disconnection of ‘off-loading equipment’ (hoses/loading arms/spool pieces etc.)
• Monitoring and adjusting connections as required
• Ensuring valves are opened/closed for the safer and efficient discharge of client products
• Taking ship samples as required
• Performing line walks and repetitive checks during discharge operations
• Completion of documentation as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• A good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
• Strong communication skills
• A positive attitude and a willingness to learn
• Marine or Terminal experience desired but not necessary as all full training will be provided
• Full clean driving licence
• Manual handling certificate (desired but not essential)
• First Aid certificate (desired but not essential)
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our by mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be working to help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.