Jetty and Terminal Operator - Cardiff
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
GAC UK is looking for candidates for the role of Jetty and Terminal Operator to be based in Cardiff and surrounding areas. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
Due to expansion, GAC is currently recruiting for a fulltime Jetty and Terminal Operator based in Cardiff to cover Cardiff and surrounding sites.
A brief summary of the requirements for the role are as follows:
- Ensure and maintain high levels of quality, safety, security, health, and environmental protection by following company and client policies, procedures, and risk assessments at all times. Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, defects, or any other safety-related issues
- Ensure vessels are moored correctly and in alignment with shore loading arms and connections
- Ensure vessels provide safe access via correctly rigged gangways and continuously monitor this is maintained throughout operations
- Connection/ disconnection of loading arms and spool pieces
- Opening /Closing of valves to ensure product is discharged through the correct pipeline and into the shore tanks as required by the terminal
- Carry out Ship Shore Checklist and perform repetitive checks in line with ISGOTT to ensure the safe discharge of product
- Monitor for leaks and adjusting connections as required
- Shore tank dipping
- Sample taking from ships, cargo lines, shore tanks, truck bays and testing in line with customers’ requirements
- Carry out line displacements, stripping operations and pigging operations
- Accurately record activities and findings throughout the shift
- The hours of work will be varied, dictated by shipping and tidal conditions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding and appreciation of a proactive safety culture
- Marine or terminal experience desired but not necessary as all full training will be provided
- Full clean driving license with own transport available
- Willingness to travel between sites (travel costs are covered)
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days’ annual leave per year, plus a day off on your birthday
· Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
· Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our by mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be working to help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.