IT Platform Engineer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
At GAC, we rely on our IT systems to provide the best solutions that help our users around the world. We are seeking an experienced Platform Engineer to join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient.
The Group IT team’s mission is to build or configure, maintain or enhance applications through their life cycle.
The overall goal for the role is to focus on supporting role to enable IT Infrastructure to host GAC software applications. This role is also accountable for any Cloud infrastructure deployments, troubleshooting, enhancements and securing the same in timely manner.
- Deploy, manage, govern & secure GAC Group cloud environment hosted in Microsoft Azure
- Ensure that Cloud infrastructure solutions are managed to meet agreed uptime with the business
- Propose changes to optimise the performance, resilience and cost management in Microsoft Azure platform
- Daily monitoring and health & security of the Cloud infrastructure hosted by Group IT to deliver smooth business operations and communications network between GAC Global offices and its customers.
- Degree in IT/Computer science
- Microsoft Azure Administrator certification is a must
- 1+ years’ experience in “Infrastructure as a Code” process using Terraform or similar tool
- 2+ years working in a similar role, preferably having exposure to deploy and configure K8 environments, Prometheus & Grafana
- Experience in deploying & managing Open Source servers would be an added advantage
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong self-led, work prioritisation, strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Possess strong influence skills to be used when communicating both inside and outside the organisation with peers, vendors and clients