HR Advisor - Marine and Terminal Services
RemoteFalkirk, Scotland, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK and Ireland employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
At GAC, our people are central to our success and due to continued growth of the business we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join our people team. This is a key role within the team and will play a vital role in helping to deliver our people strategy.
This role will be based in the UK, with regular travel to our sites across the UK and Ireland.
This is a generalist HR role and you will be involved in all aspects of HR, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, learning and development, payroll and rewards.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Provide advice and support to employees and line managers in line with company policies, values and employment legislation
- Partnering with line managers to provide support on employee relations cases, including absence management, grievances, disciplinaries and performance management
- Produce and analyse HR data and reports
- Assist with HR administrative tasks and projects where required
- Contribute to and support the delivery of the HR strategy
- Management of weekly and monthly payrolls
- Working with HR Manager and wider people team to review and improve existing HR processes and procedures
What You’ll Need:
- A strong background as a HR Generalist, with sound knowledge of UK and Irish employment law
- Experience in managing and leading on complex ER cases
- Ability to build strong, collaborative business relationships to influence change
- Strong knowledge of current HR best practice and initiatives
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision whilst meeting deadlines
- Able to take ownership of tasks and use initiative to solve problems, exercising appropriate level of judgement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with experience in project management
- Proficient in all Office365 products
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.”
We are committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental and physical health for all. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives. In January 2023, we signed a partnership with MacMillan Cancer Support as our official Charity of the Year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be doing whatever it takes to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.