Grangemouth, Scotland, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for a HR Advisor to join our growing team. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
At GAC, our people are central to our success and due to continued growth of the business we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced
HR Advisor to join our people team. This is a key role which will play a vital role in helping to deliver our people strategy.
As this is a generalist HR role the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of HR, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, learning and development, payroll and rewards.
This role will be based within our head office in Grangemouth, with the option for hybrid working.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Provide advice and support to employees and line managers in line with company policies, values and employment legislation
- Partnering with line managers to provide support on employee relations cases, including absence management, grievances, disciplinaries and performance management
- Produce and analyse HR data and reports
- Assist with HR administrative tasks and projects where required
- Contribute to and support the delivery of the HR strategy
- Assist with processing of weekly and monthly payrolls
- Working with HR Manager and wider people team to review and improve existing HR processes and procedures
- Strong background as a HR Generalist, with sound knowledge of UK employment law
- Experience in managing and leading on complex ER cases
- Ability to build strong, collaborative business relationships to influence change
- Strong knowledge of current HR best practice and initiatives
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision whilst meeting deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and use initiative to solve problems, exercising appropriate level of judgement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with experience in project management
- Proficient in all Office365 products
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days’ annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus a day off on your birthday
- Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, - capable of delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.