Falkirk, Scotland, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK employs over 200 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced HR Administrator to join our expanding HR team in our Head Office in Grangemouth. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with people, has good attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment.
The key responsibilities are:
- Support with the management of the HR mailbox and dealing with general queries
- Assist with payroll administration
- Production of accurate HR reports
- Input and maintenance of data onto HR systems
- Organising, co-ordinating and recording all training
- Provide administrative support to the HR team throughout the full employment cycle
- General ad hoc administration
- Ensuring all HR records are kept updated and complaint with GDPR
- Supporting the HR function with project work
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working within a similar HR role
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- A desire to continually improve
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days’ annual leave per year, plus a day off on your birthday
- Access to Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our by mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be working to help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.