Singapore, North East, SingaporeLogistics
The incumbent will be part of the logistics leadership team in GAC Singapore. They will be responsible in overseeing the Energy department, leading a team of highly experienced and committed team members for the respective vertical sector. They will proactively drive the respective functions operationally and ensure operational excellence, as well as growth and viability of the Energy vertical, for which they will be ownership of profit and loss.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations and ensure effective execution within stipulated level agreements with customers and internal KPIs.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations with regards to Energy, liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Ensure effective execution of operations, meeting customers’ expectations with a view to increase the number of satisfied customers.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to improve operational performance, commercial viability, and profitability of respective verticals.
- Responsible for budgeting for the respective verticals.
- Partner with the Commercial team to plan and implement viable cost-effective business development.
- Participate fully in bids, RFQs and commercial activity.
- Support the Business Development Team with operational expertise during customer presentation, pre-qualification and during a project’s lifespan.
- Address staff issues and, if required, partner with the Human Resources department on amicable resolutions and solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external) related to the logistics process.
- Be involved in department audits (internal and external).
The ideal candidate would be a dynamic individual with the following skills:
- effective communication
- customer orientation
- planning and organisational
- problem solving - demonstrating an ability to resolve issues and overcome challenges effectively, by using available resources and methods in the least amount of time.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.