Group Business Development Manager, Time Critical Solutions
Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
The successful candidate will develop business in the time critical sector through new customers as well as strategic growth of existing customers in this sector. Time Critical Services includes aerospace and aviation sectors, marine & ship spares and events (concerts, sports, exhibitions etc). The role also supports and drives business for customers and partners within these specific areas. The products include airfreight, ocean freight, customs brokerage and warehouse services.
As part of their duties, he/she will conduct the following duties:
- Develop new customers and create gross profit. Constantly seek for new leads and follow -up on leads for potential customers.
- Prepare, submit and follow-up on quotations.
- Conflict and dispute resolution: Handle customer complaints and disputes amicably with regards to service delivery etc.
- Customer Relationship Management: Participate in customer relationship management activities to improve business relationship with customers to retain and increase sales activities.
- Conduct market research to understand industry dynamics for potential business.
- Cross-sell other GAC services when the opportunity arises.
As a member of the Group Marketing/Commercial Team, the candidate will contribute to the success of the GAC Group’s Logistics business as well as generating income for local companies.
The ideal candidate would be dynamic, a great hunter and have solid experience in business development for time critical logistics or related verticals. Other competencies include effective communication skills, good commercial acumen and effective interpersonal skills.