RemoteRemote, Oslo, NorwayGAC Norway
About the Position
Due to continued increased activity and healthy business growth, GAC Norway is looking to fill a permanent, full-time, Freight Forwarder position. We are looking for someone with significant freight forwarding experience to work tightly with our Freight Forwarding team, helping to provide our customers with excellent service.
This position does not require physical presence. We are open to providing a home office solution to the right candidate if they are unable to or would prefer not to work from the office due to distance, personal circumstances, or other reason. We have offices throughout Norway, so the candidate that would like to be office-based can be based at any of our branches.
You will support operations and company strategy while performing the following tasks:
- Quoting, end-to-end booking, follow-up, and invoicing of airfreight, sea freight, courier, and land transport shipment, as well as project shipments
- Creating tailor-made logistics solutions
- Checking countries’ legal requirements to ensure required documentation for handling various stages of shipments
- Extensive customer and supplier contact, including participating in operational meetings as GAC’s representative
- Control and monitoring of customs processes
- Coordinating with overseas offices, network partners, and external agents to arrange logistics services
Other Job details
- Most tasks can be completed during regular work hours; however, as we provide 24/7/365 service, there will be periods of higher workload as well as work during irregular times.
- This position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of colleagues in the maritime industry in a company that values what each unique individual brings to the table.
- Proven track record in freight forwarding logistics within the energy and/or marine segment, preferably at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience handling critical and urgent shipments with an ability to think clearly and effectively under pressure
- Understanding of global logistics with an ability to work with deadlines in different time zones
- Skilled at building customer relationships with a keen interest in understanding customers’ business needs
- Proficient written and verbal English skills
- Ability to understand Norwegian in a workplace setting is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Comfortable using data as a work tool
- Exhibits motivation and takes initiative to achieve results and implement improvements
- Uses structure and organisational skills for greater efficiency
- A proactive, problem-solving approach to daily tasks and new challenges
- Passion for providing great service to customers and helping colleagues do the same
- Proficient communication skills
- An open, inclusive, trust-based, and flexible workplace culture
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- The chance to be a part of a globally recognised shipping and logistics company
- Equitable salary with automatic increases upon proven competency development
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance - including health insurance