Finance Supervisor - Grangemouth
Grangemouth, Scotland, United Kingdom£40,000GAC UK
GAC UK is looking for a Finance Supervisor to join our finance team in Grangemouth. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions.
We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
We are currently recruiting a Finance Supervisor to be based at our Grangemouth office.
As Finance Supervisor, reporting to the Finance Manager, you will supervise the Finance team on day-to-day issues, improving operational efficiency of the department, and expanding the current scope to include more analysis of the profitability of the business. You will also ensure the P&L and balance sheets are up-to-date, and present financial reports and ad hoc flash numbers to the Finance Manager on a monthly basis.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week), with the option to work on a hybrid basis and incorporate flexible working hours.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Developing the Finance team to help them understand the ‘why’ behind processes, not just the ‘how’
- 5 direct reports
- Providing support and help to members of the team undergoing ACCA qualification
- Reporting responsibility for 5 companies - overseeing month-end tasks and preparation of management accounts
- Overseeing balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure P&L reporting is accurate
- Working with all business units and stakeholders to ensure financial objectives are achieved (e.g. job turnaround, financial administration by the branches)
- Ensuring compliance with the Groups internal control framework
- Developing IT to drive efficiency
What You’ll Need
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA) - Essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people management skills (minimum 3 years’ management experience)
- Expert/Professional level user of Excel, and competent user of other Microsoft applications
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Willing to develop and grow (we offer lots of opportunity to learn, take courses, etc)
- Knowledge of IFRS desirable but not essential
- Ability to explain financial terms to colleagues beyond the Finance Department
- Proficient in accounting and general office software
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days’ annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus a day off on your birthday
- Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.”
We are committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental and physical health for all. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives. In January 2023, we signed a partnership with MacMillan Cancer Support as our official Charity of the Year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will be doing whatever it takes to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.