United Kingdom, Scotland, FalkirkGAC UK
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to be based at our head office in Grangemouth.
The key responsibilities are:
- Preparation of budgets, strategic planning, and monthly projections.
- Planning for all Finance functions.
- Analysis of monthly reporting and reviews with business lines.
- Overall responsibility for cash flow management, ensuring sufficient funds to meet liabilities whilst funding growth.
- Ensure smooth running of year end audit and reporting compliance.
- Overall responsibility for month end processing and ensuring accurate reporting is completed on time with ability to explain variances.
- Provide insightful performance analysis, investment reviews and decision support to help the business achieve its commercial objectives.
- Board participation and input as required.
- Develop relationships with customers and suppliers and work closely with the Managing Director and General Managers to drive business development and cost saving initiatives.
- Lead the Finance and Accounts Payable team, ensuring staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills to perform in their role and provide value adding support to operations.
- Staff training and development, ensuring growth and succession plans are in place and appraisals completed on time.
- Take an active part of the Management Team.
You are a proven leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and an interest to get involved in all areas of the business. You will aspire to progress and take the leap from finance to business management
You are a strong people manager with an ability to develop and lead high performing teams
You will have a real passion for customer service and striving to be ‘best in class’.
You will have a keen interest in Corporate Social Responsibility (including Sustainability).
You will have strong change management skills with a desire for continuous improvement.
You will be extremely results-orientated with a commitment to follow things through to completion.
In addition, you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to understand complex financial data.
- Comprehensive financial literacy skills in cash flow, budget, auditing, month and year end processes and financial reporting.
- Excellent financial acumen and able to accurately demonstrate strong cash flow management skills.
- Strong people management skills including team building, ensuring high team morale and communication.
- Ability to take initiative to increase operating margin through productivity and performance.
- Strong customer focus with a desire to improve our services offered.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
You will have the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave per year, plus day off for your birthday
- Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Eyecare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.”
We are also committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental health for all. Alongside our internal mental health and well-being initiatives, we also support SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) and Mind, working with adults and children across the UK to provide mental health social care, information and advice to people with mental health problems.