Exports Operations Coordinator
United States, Texas, HoustonLogistics
GAC North America - Logistics is looking for candidates for the role of Exports Operations Coordinator to be based in Houston, Texas. Could it be you?
- Coordinate assigned account-specific activities that occur within daily export operations. Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process export shipments in a cost-efficient manner within company standards.
- Process all foreign-to-foreign shipments. Handle and resolve OS&Ds, PO entry, Schedule B # Entry and assist with Material Receipts.
- Maintain shipment system data and document integrity for client web tracking purposes.
- Prepare commercial documents and bills of ladings (master, house, direct – AWB/ocean) as necessary in support of export operation.
- Track and trace shipments from departure to arrival, alerting clients accordingly.
- Respond to orders, general customer inquiries, invoice questions and customer complaints.
- Maintain accounting and process vendor invoices for payment. Enter purchase orders and schedule B numbers (as received from shippers, suppliers, and vendors)
- Adhere to company policies (HSSE, Compliance etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years within the freight forwarding, logistics or supply chain industry. Experience with export documentation preparation as per destination country requirements and regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to customer service issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC North America - Logistics team, we look forward to receiving your application.