Domestic Operations Coordinator
Houston, Texas, United StatesLogistics
GAC North America - Logistics is looking for candidates for the role of Operations Coordinator, to be based in Houston, Texas. Could it be you?
- Coordinate assigned account-specific activities that occur within daily domestic export operations. Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination to correctly process export shipments in a cost-efficient manner within company standards.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of AES filing requirements.
- Source methods of transportation to create quotes for customers
- Manage customer expectations through SOPs, KPIs, and other account specific metrics
- Process all foreign-to-foreign shipments. Handle and resolve OS&Ds, PO entry, Schedule B # Entry and assist with Material Receipts.
- Maintain shipment system data and document integrity for clients’ web tracking purposes.
- Prepare commercial documents and bills of lading (master, house, direct – AWB/ocean) as needed to support export operations.
- Track and trace shipments from departure to arrival, alerting clients accordingly.
- Respond to orders, general customer inquiries, invoice questions and customer complaints.
- Maintain accounting and process vendor invoices for payment. Enter purchase orders and schedule B numbers (as received from shippers, suppliers, and vendors).
- Adhere to company policies on HSSE, Compliance, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years within the freight forwarding, logistics or supply chain industry. Experience with export documentation preparation as per destination country requirements and regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to customer service issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC North America - Logistics team, we look forward to receiving your application.