United Kingdom, Aberdeenshire, AberdeenGAC UK
GAC UK employs over 200 experts across more than 20 physical offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all our services.
We are currently recruiting for a Customs Coordinator to be based in Aberdeen and support our busy Energy Department. The role will be vital in supporting our customers and internal stakeholders in the future.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers to complete customs formalities in a compliant and efficient manner
- Liaising with customers to understand their needs with regards to customs requirements
- Providing compliant and “best practice” solutions to our customers
- Creating, monitoring and discharging customs documentation
GAC UK is passionate about diversity and inclusion. We joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation, resulting in positive change for the benefit of all. We are committed to encouraging our people and partners to celebrate diversity and to continually review their personal and professional actions and behaviour with regard to equality.
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS25. Our first target date of end 2025 encourages evidenced behavioural change in line with the actions set out in our strategy, for the improved well-being of our people, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
The MARS25 mission statement is: “We are committed to significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” Watch our short video to find out more.
We are also committed to promoting understanding, change and better mental health for all. Alongside our internal mental health and well-being initiatives, we also support SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) and Mind, working with adults and children across the UK to provide mental health social care, information and advice to people with mental health problems.
You will have the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
· 38 days annual leave per year, plus day off for your birthday
· Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
· Company pension
· Life assurance
· Eyecare scheme
· Employee assistance programme
· Retail discounts
· Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Experience with UK Customs import and export processes
- Experience in completing customs declarations for both imports and exports
- Experience in the creation, monitoring and discharge of “T” Documents
- Attention to detail
- Experience using O365
- Excellent communication skills