Customs Brokerage Coordinator
United States, Texas, HoustonLogistics
GAC North America - Logistics is looking for candidates for the role of Customs Brokerage Coordinator (Customs Entry Writer) to be based in Houston, Texas. Could it be you?
- Accurate preparation of customs entries and timely submission for clearance through U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Partner Government Agencies (PGA).
- File ISF and verify invoice is properly rated with appropriate HTS. Expedite clearance/bonds and delivery of ship spares shipments. Follow-up with the clearance process on all entries.
- Communicate with customer regarding each step associated with the clearance of their cargo, holds, exams, releases, and delivery. Ensure all documents are completed timely and accurately.
- Resolve all customer complaints and conduct daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues. Elevate to Brokerage Manager as needed. Complete billing within required operating procedures.
- Handle issues with government officials in timely and courteous manner. Adhere to company policies (HSSE, Compliance etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Customs Brokerage experience. At least two (2) years of customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to establish solid rapport with internal and external customers.
- Sense of urgency and problem-solving skills, forward thinking and proactive in resolving issues & bottleneck.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, must be capable of timely follow up, and follow through. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Office, and Power Point) and Logistics/Supply Chain software applications, Type at least 40WPM accurately.
- Ability to function both independently and as part of team. Must possess self-motivation and be able to perform primary job functions unsupervised and within the SOP.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC North America - Logistics team, we look forward to receiving your application.