Commercial Operations Executive, Shipping Services
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeShipping
Principle Job Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will support the Commercial Manager/Business Manager, Shipping Services in developing new shipping business and will also be involved in shipping operational work for assigned vessels, which may include agency and husbandry.
The successful candidate will:
- promote and develop GAC’s shipping agency services
- prepare, submit and follow-up on quotations
- execute shipping operations related to the vessel’s daily activities operating out of Singapore
- act as a single point of contact (integrated solutions)
- attend operational meetings related to the assigned vessel
- gather and analyse shipping market information for potential clients and updates on market dynamics
- cross-sell other GAC services such as Marine Logistics, Ship Spares Logistics, Oil & Gas, Energy and Bunker Fuel, when the opportunity arises
- perform Customer Relationship Management initiatives and meet customers’ requirements, ensuring they are satisfied with the services provided
- work closely with Operations, Disbursement and Credit Control Departments to ensure proper services are rendered to all our customers
- follow-up closely on customers’ inquiries and provide prompt quotations/solutions, coordinating with relevant departments and other GAC offices when required
- assist with PDA/RFQ enquiries assigned by Commercial Manager/Business Manager
- update the “Sales Call Visit Log” in Shipping Department Share Drive and GACcms
- assist Commercial Manager on quarterly KPI Reporting
- attend to SSA or relevant shipping networking events, when required
- The ideal candidate would be a dynamic individual with at least 2 years’ shipping related experience, preferably in Shipping Agency & Operations.
- Other competencies include effective communication skills, good commercial acumen, effective interpersonal skills and fluent in English and Mandarin, to communicate with our Mandarin speaking customers.
- Must be able to balance both commercial and operational roles effectively.