Commercial Manager, Shipping Services
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanShipping
About the GAC Group
Since our beginnings in 1956, the GAC Group has been in business to help our customers’ businesses by providing the best in shipping, logistics and marine services around the world. And we have the reach, resources, expertise and experience to deliver on that promise.
Our people work hard to deliver excellence in everything we do. We are always on the look-out for professionals with qualities that match the GAC corporate philosophy. If you fit the bill, we’ll welcome you to a work environment that values experience, innovation, dedication and mutual respect, guided by the GAC Spirit which emphasizes loyalty and responsibility between management and staff and two-way responsibility. The GAC Group is an equal opportunity employer.
About GAC Japan
Launched in 1988 as a liaison office and was incorporated in 2010. Since then, it has been driving marketing & sales forces of shipping agency business to customers in Japan and their various entities overseas to identify and cultivate business opportunities by securing solid partnership and interactive communication with GAC Group customers covering ports and terminals worldwide. GAC Japan became an operational entity in 2014 providing shipping agency services at ports and terminals locally in Japan, served by a well-established nationwide network of vendors.
GAC Japan is looking for candidates for the role of Commercial Manager, Shipping Services to be based in Tokyo / Japan. Could it be you?
Guided by GAC Spirit, our people work hard and proactively to deliver excellence in everything we do. With great work environment being supported by the Group management, this vacancy represents an exciting opportunity to become part of GAC Japan and GAC Group family to implement various business strategy and drive business development for further growth and expansion locally and globally.
- 1. Market Intelligence
- Conduct thorough market analysis of potential commercial opportunities to identify key areas for business growth.
- Identify market potential through extensive research (including port and terminal visits for intelligence-gathering).
- Keep informed of developments within the shipping industry in general.
- 2. Commercial Strategy development and implementation of Commercial initiatives for Shipping Services
- Take the lead in formulating and executing commercial strategy for Shipping Services.
- Contribute to the development and execution of commercial strategies, policies, processes, and procedures that will enhance commercial viability.
- Work closely and synergise efforts with the Group/Regional commercial team to achieve collective commercial objectives.
- 3. Implementation of commercial initiatives for Shipping Services
- Implement commercial initiatives to identify and develop business opportunities for Shipping Services.
- 4. Financial Budget and Control
- Monitor and keep control of expenses.
- Ensure good cash management.
- 5. Business Development and Customer Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external) related to Shipping services.
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities to expand our market presence while identifying potential areas for business development.
- Participate in bids, RFQs, and commercial activity, ensuring timely submissions.
- Actively engage in CRM activities to maintain and strengthen client relationships.
- Attend networking events and build industry connections with the objective of business growth.
- Take a leading role in solving commercial related issues that may arise in relation to shipping services.
- 6. Administration and reporting
- Prepare commercial related reports for Shipping Services.
- Ensure customer information is accurate and maintained in GACcrm (CRM system) in a regular and systematic manner.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position/ industry, preferably with experience in commercial portfolio for shipping services which includes agency and husbandry.
- Specialist knowledge in:
- - Shipping and Maritime
- - Agency and Husbandry
- - Marketing and business development
- Fluent in English – spoken and written.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Educational Qualification: Tertiary level
As a GAC colleague you will
- Become part of the GAC global community. We are proud of our company culture which values all employees and recognises that there is more to them than their job title.
- Join a multinational organisation in a dynamic working environment.
- Face challenges to help both you and our organisation grow.
- Join us on our journey to a more sustainable future.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Japan team, we look forward to receiving your application.