Business Development Manager - Time Critical Services
RemoteVarious Locations, England, United KingdomGAC UK
GAC UK is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Time Critical Services team. Could it be you?
GAC UK employs over 300 experts across more than 25 offices covering all of the UK, Ireland and Gibraltar. We deliver a wide range of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services to the energy and shipping industries. We also serve specialised sectors like marine leisure, sports and events, automotive and aviation, providing complex and time-critical logistics solutions. We apply the highest standard of customer services to everything we do and aim to be industry leaders within all the sectors we serve.
The purpose of this role is to develop business in the Time Critical Services sector, by targeting new customers as well as strategic growth of existing customers in this sector. Time Critical Services includes aerospace and aviation sectors, marine spares and events business area.
We are flexible on the location of this position however you will be required to travel regularly across the UK.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
• Developing new customers and creating gross profit
• Preparing, submitting and following up on quotations
• Conflict and dispute resolution
• Customer relationship management (including handling customer complaints)
• Conducting market research to understand wider market conditions and be familiar with industry issues
What You’ll Need:
• Professional qualification – in business/ logistics or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
• Industry experience in aerospace, aviation and time critical services (desirable but not essential)
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and driven with an ability to meet targets and tight deadlines
• Proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office platforms (including excel)
• Strong negotiation skills
GAC gives you the opportunity to work for an employer who is committed to offering all our staff an enjoyable and rewarding career, with significant training and development prospects. In addition, you will receive a variety of benefits including:
• 38 days’ annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays) plus a day off on your birthday
• Access to Vitality at Work Scheme
• Company pension
• Life assurance
• Eyecare scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
• Retail discounts scheme
In 2021, we launched our ten-year sustainability programme – MARS30. We are committed to “growing long term customer relationships across multiple products, whilst significantly reducing our environmental impact, improving the well-being of our people, and influencing our stakeholders to do the same.” We will accomplish our mission by completing objectives aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At GAC UK, who you are is just as important as what you do. The GAC Spirit reflects our culture across the company, emphasising loyalty and understanding between management and staff. We recognise that people’s lives extend far beyond their jobs. By promoting a healthy combination of work and play we achieve a happier workforce, - capable of delivering service excellence. We have a team of 16 Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and a Wellbeing Working Group who meet monthly and regularly launch new internal wellbeing initiatives.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and joined the Diversity in Maritime Charter to underline our commitment to take tangible steps to optimise the diversity within our organisation.
In January 2023, Macmillan Cancer Support became our official charity of the year. Together, GAC UK and Macmillan Cancer Support will help people with cancer and their loved ones live life as fully as they can.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC UK team, we look forward to receiving your application.