Business Development Manager - Freight Services
Trinidad and Tobago, San Fernando, San Fernando
- The role of the "BDM – Freight Services" is to develop new freight business for GAC Caribbean mainly focused on Trinidad, Guyana, and Suriname, Air and sea Freight will be their prime focus.
- Weekly local customer visits and remote / virtual meetings where applicable.
- Get involved in job files, when needed. Discuss with overseas parties. Discuss with carriers / agents when needed. Travel between Trinidad / Guyana / Suriname or overseas, as required.
- Must have excellent administrative job file handling discipline, excellent knowledge in revenue calculations and add value to existing and new customers within GAC Caribbean.
- If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC Caribbean team, we look forward to receiving your application.
- University degree or professional qualifications
- At least 5+ years’ experience in freight forwarding experience is a must
- Excellent knowledge of air & sea freight forwarding, INCO terms, etc.
- Be willing and able to follow ethical & business compliance rules
- Computer knowledge: Proficient with MS Office package, especially Excel, and willing and able to learn new software quickly.