United States, Texas, Corpus ChristyShipping
GAC North America (Shipping) is looking for candidates for the role of Boarding Agent to be based in Corpus Christy, Texas. Could it be you?
MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES AND IN THE CORPUS CHRISTY, TX'S AREA TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
- Attend to vessels and handle all operational matters in accordance with the guidelines outlined in the GAC Quality Management System.
- Respond to all inquiries and handle all operational matters relating to principals and prospective principals.
- Coordinate arrival of vessels with all port personnel including pilots, tugs, line handlers, terminal operators, and governmental authorities. Handle all communications while coordinating vessel activities and ensure all parties including principal, owner/operator, and other port personnel receive regular updates.
- Prepare and complete necessary documentation including all government-required forms and company-related documents such as Statement of Facts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with relevant work experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ agency experience in the maritime industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details with good organizational skills. Capable of following up and completing tasks in a timely manner. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to function independently and as part of a team. Must possess self-motivation and be able to perform primary job functions unsupervised and in accordance with the SOPs.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to customer service issues.
- Eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)
- Must be a local of the Los Angeles / Long Beach area
Note: The candidate is expected to comply with the GAC Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Policy and GAC HSSE Manual procedures that emphasizes on industrial and personal safety and environmental precautions. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to a background check that includes drug and alcohol screening.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC North America (Shipping) team, we look forward to receiving your application.